Presently, we have an opportunity before us to purchase property in the heart of our community. Many of the details are listed below, but first we draw your attention to the sketch on this page. This sketch is NOT our church. It is, in fact, St. Peter's Church in Dundee, where the 19th Century Scottish Minister Robert Murray M'Cheyne preached during his brief ministry (he died when he was 30 years old). This church still stands today, and in many ways it still represents M'Cheyne's ministry style and impact. His style was simple: exegetical preaching, regularly feeding God's people with His Word. During the short time in his ministry in Dundee, many were converted and built up by this steady testimony of faithfulness to God's Word. M'Cheyne's church, and more importantly his style, was an inspiration to those who founded our church in its earliest days, and by the Lord's grace, we have had 20 years of faithful, ordinary ministry in our city, even without a building or a place to call our own. As we consider the possibility of a property, we should pause and give thanks for the faithfulness of the Lord to His people and His faithfulness through the ordinary regular preaching of His Word for two decades in our little congregation.
The posture with which we are approaching this opportunity is very simply, "What do y'all think?"
We have an opportunity, and financially we are close. But we will also need to raise some funds and leverage some expertise and volunteer services in our body to turn around a quick timeline on this potential real estate deal. Here are some of the particulars:
- 3.4 acres of undeveloped land in the heart of our target area, located on a major avenue in East Dallas. (We cannot publicly disclose the location presently, but contact Alex Dean or Jeff Murray for more info)
- Purchase price of $3.3 million
- Estimated soft costs of up to $100,000
- 60 days from execution of contract to do our due diligence and move toward closing. (Due diligence to include items such as: soil & environmental samples, survey, zoning, etc.)
- Current Property Fund: $2,559,451
- Need to Raise: $840,459
Track our progress here:
To give or pledge, scroll down. Questions: browse the FAQ below